The UAE is comparatively an expensive country in Western Asia. Even the residents here can attest to that fact. Hence, the prospect of moving to the UAE as an expatriate can be pretty daunting. So, we have brought you ten innovative tips to save money on kitchen and home appliances in the UAE.
10 Tips to Save Money on Home and Kitchen Appliances
- Energy-efficient appliance – When looking for appliances prioritize energy-efficient ones. Some stores or brands will give you authentic energy-efficient certification, which ensures your appliance will consume lesser amounts of energy.
- Wait for sales – Always try to wait for sales before you invest in any kitchen or home appliances. For example, currently, a majority of the brands in the UAE are offering Ramadan special sale and the prices are significantly less.
- Look beyond the bells and the whistles – In current times, electronics are coming with the widest range of features and benefits. You can opt for the one that offers the highest benefits, personalization, and different features. But you need to ask yourself if you need it. If you are not home enough to enjoy the multiple settings of your AC, is it worth spending the extra money on it?
- Unplug the appliance – We often have this misconception that if the machine isn’t running or the switch isn’t on, it doesn’t consume energy. But that is simply not true. Always unplug the appliances in your kitchen and your home. Unplugging will significantly reduce your energy bills.
- Washing temperature – Maximum amount of energy is consumed while heating the water. Try washing your clothes at 30 degrees C or 40 degrees C. This will enable your washer to consume less energy.
- Save money on the dryer – The dryer of your washing machine is one of the highest consumers of energy in your household. You can reduce its energy consumption by drying multiple loads consecutively when the dryer is hot.
- Email for quotes – Visiting the stores and checking the appliances first-hand is the best way to shop. But before you visit the stores ask for a quote for the appliances you’re looking for over an email. This will save you from wasting time or succumbing to the negotiation techniques of the salesperson.
- Understand energy price surges – The weather in the UAE is the biggest cause of high expenses every month. You need to understand that according to DEWA energy prices are the highest between 12 pm to 6 pm. So, you should try to hold off on using most of your appliances during that time.
- Use aerators for water pressure – Using aerators in your plumbing will increase the water pressure significantly. It will inject air into the stream of water instead of increasing the water flow. Hence, you’ll be able to save water as well.
- Energy efficiency with the refrigerator – Always try to keep the freezer full or half full. This will stop the freezer from trying to fill the air which it cannot do and run up the energy consumption.
There are several ways to cap your spending in the UAE. In addition to the tips above, you can also save money on dishwashers, washers, AC and more appliances in your home. So, don’t forget to apply these tips and more to save money on your home appliances in the UAE.